Welcome to my space

Share my thoughts with me...I cannot promise you that I have something new and profound to say to you, but I hope to remind you of the basic truths of life as we both grow to being better citizens of our world...I'm always thinking out loud...so be loud with me ok?

Friday, January 8, 2010

Surviving or overcoming

So you have been experiencing this very hard, depressing, life draining and somewhat almost overwhelming problem in your life. This happens every now and then. Every time you tell yourself that you have overcome it, this is the last time you go through such pain, fear and confusion, only to find yourself in the same spot all over again…only with all the fears, doubts and pain multiplied and intensely.. So what is really going on? Doesn’t your faith work or is God not with you?...the list goes on of the questions that usually plague the mind at such moments.

Here is my two cents worth of understanding of the matter; it does not matter what happens to us, but how we react to every situation. If we always try to fix the symptoms but we are not real about the cause of the problem, we will always find ourselves fighting a loosing battle. It doesn’t help to just try and maintain the peace when deep inside you are secretly believing that this relationship is doomed or whatever your case maybe, you are harbouring thoughts and feelings of anger, resentment or doubts that are just waiting for the next disappointment and they will erupt to a volcano.

You can either survive a situation or completely overcome it. The key is revolt against that situation, but how do you revolt against something you do not know, or are not ready to be real about. Time to keep appearances is over. People are looking for real people to identify with, and learn from. We can never be the people we aspire to be until we are real about who we are now. You are what and who you are now, not what or who you would like to be. Look in the mirror and be real about what and who you see…that’s half a battle won against whatever it is you’ve been struggling with…like I said…my two cents worth of understanding…right there!!!!!

No comments: