Welcome to my space

Share my thoughts with me...I cannot promise you that I have something new and profound to say to you, but I hope to remind you of the basic truths of life as we both grow to being better citizens of our world...I'm always thinking out loud...so be loud with me ok?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wish I was sorry to say this...

Picture this….I work at this organisation. I have this colleague, who for some reason unknown to me is hell bent on making my life difficult. She has nothing good to say about me, is always pointing out every mistake I make, even to the point of actually making up stories about me. This is a fact, the woman just doesn’t get me. It does not matter what I say or do…it is always misunderstood. I’m confused, frustrated and even angry at her for treating me this way. What now?

My attitude towards this person changes completely. I do not trust her, and I cannot wait for the day I will not have to deal with her, period. The catch with that is; bad attitude always shows. The next person always knows that you have that attitude towards them. They pick it up in your sighs, glances, body language, even if on the outside you seem to be submitting, but they can read you like a book. And sadly you have placed your life in their hands.

I have learnt that we give people power over our lives, by reacting to their bad antics against us. Interestingly enough, the Bible says, “A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart,…” that to me speaks volumes coz it doesn’t specify under what circumstances does this happen. It is never what is done to me that matters, but what I do in return. If my storehouse is good, good will come out of it. I will not be remote controlled by people’s perception of me, or their unfortunate evil desire to see me fail.

Better make the choice to live my life in the hands of God, than to hand it over to men by my unwise reactions, because when I react to them, I play right into their hands. It’s a set up…they will push, push, and push your buttons, and if you snap; you will see yourself out of the organisation, not even knowing how did that happen. And all your reasons will mean nothing; coz you know what you are reaping is the fruit of your seed, your reactions towards that person, your frustration, in a nut shell, your lack of trust in God. The truth is, we have been advised to submit ourselves to God, resist the devil and he will flee from us. Kill your enemy with kindness, be the best at what you do, let your conscience be clear at all times.

The sooner will let God be God, the better our lives will be. No one is responsible for your having this or not having that, you are, and you alone. No one has the power to decide what happens in your life, but you. Because if the hand of God is upon you, what is men to try and impede Him from blessing you? So as I say, I really wish I was sorry to say to this, but if your life is not the way you wish it could be, stop accusing, complaining, and blaming others, because it is entirely your doing, just check your storehouse!!!!!!

2 comments:

imperfectGirl said...

Mam'Z, these are very profound words.
It's always interesting how many-a-times we let another's opinion define who we are, how we live our lives etc...yet when the voice of God speaks to us we tend to shut our ears to it and when things turn sour, we point fingers to Him with words like"But God where were You?".
I think the onus is on each of us to take the credit and/or the fall that comes with the kind of attitude with which we make our decisions.

preh said...

this speaks to me, i actually react to how people treat me. i will not be remote controlled. get it.