Welcome to my space

Share my thoughts with me...I cannot promise you that I have something new and profound to say to you, but I hope to remind you of the basic truths of life as we both grow to being better citizens of our world...I'm always thinking out loud...so be loud with me ok?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Good Friday Experience - 2009

Something really special happened for me this past weekend. Besides that it was this really wonderful opportunity to reflect on what the Lord Jesus did for me on the cross, I had a truly amazing realization of why it is always special to heed God's voice and participate in all the movements of faith that God reveals in His Church. As I sat in my chair marvelling at the fact that despite all the attacks, slander and 'suppossed humilation' that the church suffered these past months...here we were with sooo many people gathering to honour the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ and still trusting that God has the solution to their problems and that,at the very same UCKG that was slandered....right there it hit me...so clear as if God was sitting right there in front of me...the 144 000 chosen.

I was in tears when I remembered everything that God said to us through Bp Sbu in all those months of that movement, all the prepartions we were told we need to do inside of us, purifying our selves before God because something big was about to happen...and hey...months after...here we are...those who heard God's voice and purified their hearts, and learnt the meaning of sacrifice,even though they've been to hell and back...they are still here...and those who took it for granted, who just went with the flow...just repeating the words...doing everything that everybody was doing on the outside but never committed on the inside...we do not even need to say where they are today...

The 144 000 chosen march on and because of them the church of the Lord Jesus marches on and continues to be an example that attracts new people to Christ despite all the slander....how wonderful is our Lord...and right there friends is one of the many reason why I love the Lord Jesus Christ and adore the UCKG for making itself available to God through its committed servants..to teach and guide us always...

To those of us who are members at the UCKG.....what are you doing with all the inspirations and orientations we receive at the UCKG everyday?....Mrs Cristiane Cardoso said to us once..."if you do not react immediately to a message from God, sadly that message has passed you by"....and to my friends who are not.....visit us and believe me...it will be worth your while....

No comments: