Welcome to my space

Share my thoughts with me...I cannot promise you that I have something new and profound to say to you, but I hope to remind you of the basic truths of life as we both grow to being better citizens of our world...I'm always thinking out loud...so be loud with me ok?

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My best friend Zanele

I have constantly been told that I'm a good friend, by those who are close to me. Someone they always depend on, always readily available to lend an ear, and to help in whatever way possible. As much as it is really nice to hear such words, I find it really hard to hear them, don't ask me why...just feels strange to hear people say that about me.

Such words do get me thinking though, making me take even extra care how I view myself. I am the best friend I will ever have. I can be available to everyone and be ready to help whoever, whenever, but do I take the same time for myself. I love people, I love investing in them. I value my friendships and all my relationships. But the most important relationship I will ever have is the one I have with me.

Hence, it is imperative that I invest in this relationship, that I have enough respect and love for Zanele to make sure she is well, in all areas of her life. That she has all the confidence, health, and wisdom she needs to take on this not so kind world. She depends on me to be loyal to our relationship enough to make all the necessary sacrifices for her to grow. My dear friends will come and go, but Zanele will always be here, so if I invest in her well, I can always trust her counsel, her ability to take good decisions and her audacity to dare to be different.
So yeah...I love people...most people love me back unconditionally, but I love me more, and as I continue to evolve the more I fall in love with Zanele, God's unique creature, fearfully and wonderfully made, who can do all things through Christ who gives her strength.

What does your best friend have to say about you!!!!

No comments: